Your family is home for the holidays. Your parents will be celebrating a milestone year of their holiday season wedding. Gather siblings, their families, an aunt and uncle or two for an early evening appetizer party that's a meal in itself! What a great idea.
- Feeling crafty? Make spectacular Chocolate Truffles Topiary centerpieces.
- Sponge-paint stars on napkins that coordinate with your dishes, using gold or silver paint, for this gathering. Your parents are stars after all!
Starting New Traditions
- As you spend the evening together, play "Do You Remember When" about events that happened to your parents during their marriage. Start—or add to—a memory book, listing the most memorable happenings of the past year.
- Take pictures. Let the family scrapbook queen create a page to mark this family occasion. Make copies for everyone attending.
- Play a game of 'Then and Now.' Make a list things owned or ways things were done in either the time the anniversary celebrants were married or currently. Come up with the opposite. Here are a few to get you started:
- Folded paper road map=car with GPS
- Books checked from library=Books downloaded to a wireless reading device or listened to as audio books
- Dime in your wallet/calls home from pay phone=unlimited calls/cell phone