Create this winning appetizer and dessert party with friends, remarkable films and fabulous foods. Celebrate the awards with a sparkly dress-up gathering you and your friends will look forward to re-creating for years to come! Count the ways stars shine at this party!
- Our star-studded appetizer nosh benefits from twinkly lights and glittering stars on invitations, driveway or walkway luminarias, and table decorations — see An Elegant Affair for New Year's Eve for all you need to know. We color this party white, silver and gold!
Plan and Work Ahead
- Share the cooking. Invite guests online and offer links to the recipes each guest will prepare.
- Or, gather friends for coffee or lunch. Divide the recipes, drinks and other needed food items.
- Each guest brings one of the appetizer—or dessert—ideas so size of gathering will determine how many recipes you really need to make a light meal. Find additional ideas for a larger gathering in the Mix & Match Appetizer Guide.
- Get younger brothers or high-school neighbors to serve as waiters to pass the drinks and appetizers. Movie tickets or the latest DVD should be pay enough for their help.
- Have your guests dress like the stars—in their glitzy, glamorous best. Or have them dress like a character in one of the nominated films.
- Roll out the red carpet. Designate a photographer. Interview guests as they come in. (Now you've a good reason to gather again to watch the party video or share the digital photos on a computer screen during the party.)
Best-Dressed Party Fun
- Download printable ballots and pass them out as guests arrive. Set up a low-stakes pool or offer goody bags for the winners—DVDs, gift certificates for movie rentals or theater tickets, soundtrack CDs or movie munchies, including bags of Chex® Party Mix, of course.
- Name that recipe! Re-name recipes, using this year's nominated movies as themes to personalize the names. Make stand-up name cards and give a prize for the best new name.
- Set up more than one TV. Rent one of last year's—or this year's—best pictures. Run it in a separate room when guests need a break. Or tune into red carpet coverage on various channels.
- During commercials, pass out names of nominated movies and play charades. Or look up movie trivia questions (like famous lines from famous movies) from many online sources.