Put together a casual gathering with friends, remarkable films and foods. Celebrate movie awards nights or create your own Hollywood red-carpet evening enjoying movies you love. You and your friends will have movie memories to enjoy again and again.
Make It Special!
- Our laid-back movie buffs gathering harkens to the stylish Hollywood era of the 1930s and 1940s with a color palate of red, black and chrome, Art Deco touches and vintage movie theater glamor. Pass Savory Snacktime Mix in clever paper cones and even serve classic cocktails from the period, if you like. Set remaining food out buffet style.
Plan and Work Ahead
- Share the cooking. Invite guests online and offer links to the recipes each guest will prepare.
- Or, gather friends for coffee or lunch. Divide the recipes, drinks and other needed food items.
- Have your guests dress like Hollywood stars at their casual best—sunglasses are a must! Or have them dress like a character in one of the nominated films.
- Roll out the red carpet. Designate a photographer. Interview guests as they come in. (Now you've a good reason to gather again to watch the party video or share the digital photos on a computer screen during the party.)
Best-Dressed Movie Watching Fun
- Download printable ballots and pass them out as guests arrive. Set up a low-stakes pool or offer goody bags for the winners—gift certificates for movie rentals, art house or second-run theater tickets, movie posters, note cards and even postage stamps that celebrate cinema and famous Hollywood stars! Remember movie munchies, including bags of Chex® Party Mix, of course.
- Set up more than one TV. Rent one of last year's—or this year's—best pictures. Run it in a separate room when friends need a break. Or tune into red carpet coverage on various channels.
- Pass out names of nominated movies and play charades. Or look up movie trivia questions (like famous lines from famous movies) from many online sources.