Immerse yourself in a culinary trip to the sun-drenched world of the Mediterranean! Colorful and bold ingredients will dazzle your eyes and tantalize taste buds. Take your time to savor this meal, just as people along the Mediterranean would!
Mediterranean Food Flair
- Skip the appetizers. Splurge on several cheeses from the Mediterranean to set the tone of your event. Consult a gourmet cheese shop or a large supermarket with a good cheese selection. Add clusters of grapes to cheese tray and slice a baguette of crusty bread to serve with the cheese.
- Get advice on wines for dinner from your wine merchant or give the task to a knowledgeable dinner guest. Reasonably priced sparkling Prosecco is how many in the region start an evening. Full bodied red wines that won't set back your budget are perfect for this menu.
- Make your own Marvelous Chocolate Truffles, Luscious Chocolate Truffles or visit a high-quality chocolate store to adorn the Chocolate Truffles Topiary. Use the topiary for decorating the buffet as well as for its indulgent treats. Make numerous topiaries of several heights for decorating the buffet table.
- Place a truffle or two in a plastic bag and tie with ribbon for a take-home sweet.
- Make espresso or strong coffee, and pass warm cream or whipped cream. Offer spiced sugar as another accoutrement.
Brush Aside Winter Woes with These Activities
- View films—whether classic or new—set in this part of the world. Online film sites will lead you to good ones.
- Discuss a popular mystery or work of fiction with a Mediterranean setting. Your local bookstore will have ideas.
- Share photos and stories of Mediterranean travel, or plan a group Mediterranean trip.
- Play French, Italian or Greek music. Borrow from a library if you don't have any.