Is your family in need of a little more LOL time? If you don't speak text, your kids will tell you that's shorthand for "laugh out loud." De-stress the fam with an LOL-good time, including hilarious movies, games and munchies for the family to enjoy.
Everyone loves an invite
Make the event extra-exclusive with invitations.
- Print off movie ticket invites and write-in the movie you will be watching where it says "Now Showing."
- Hint: Make it even more fun by packing the invitations into the kids' lunch boxes or backpacks!
Before you start the festivities, prepare and set out the first round of late-night munchies for the fam to snack on!
- No fighting tonight—with a Chex® Party Mix snack bar, everyone gets to be in charge of making their own Chex® Party Mix combination! Have other ingredients out in little bowls so everyone can mix and match their own flavors. Examples: nacho cheese chips, chunks of meat and cheese etc. You know your family, get some tasty additions they'll love!
- Try this twist on impossibly easy pies with Impossibly Easy Mini Cheeseburger Pies. They're tasty, portable and easy to make.
- Sip on sweet Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade Slush to compliment your salty snacks.
After everyone's had some munchies, get the games going! These games will have the family laughing in no time.
- Charades: This game is even more fun when you include funny props. See what you have around the house or pick up a few things at the dollar store.
- Puff-a-war: The straw version of tug-of-war!
- How to play: Two players sit on opposite sides of the table, separated by a divider line (use a string, a piece of tape, etc.). Place a Ping-Pong ball on the divider line. Objective: Each player tries to blow the ball off the other player's side of the table using a straw.
- 60-Second Dare: Inspired by a popular game show, bring fun challenges to your home with objects you have around the house. Here are a few examples:
- Tissue Toss — Use one hand to pull tissues from a full box, one at a time, until all of the tissues are out.
- Peanut butter Ping Pong — Try to bounce a ping-pong ball onto a piece of bread covered in peanut butter. The bread should be placed on a platform that is about 15 feet away. Just bouncing the ball is not enough; you'll need to get the ball to stick on the bread.
- Noodle Dare — Pick up 6 pieces of penne pasta using an uncooked strand of spaghetti held in the mouth. Avoid using hands or it will result in a foul. Also, if the uncooked spaghetti strand breaks the game is over.
When everyone is starting to wind down, pop in a funny family movie!
Forget regular popcorn! During the movie, pass around Dulce de Leche Popcorn Balls, the perfect combination of salty, sweet, chocolate and crunch. Or for an extra special treat, let everyone customize their own Mini Cupcake Banana Splits!