Gather your friends, grab the remote and get ready to watch the big game! Nosh on nibble foods as you watch the game, and then serve up warming halftime fare all inspired by Floribean flavor—Latin, US and Caribbean. Make everything self-serve, and you'll have plenty of time to root for your favorite team.
Party Guests Call Their Own Eating Plays
- Set out the food so the guests can help themselves whenever they're ready. Set the appetizers out on a table or counter along with paper plates and napkins. (Team colors provide the festive spirit!)
- Put beverages like soda pop and beer in a cooler with ice.
- Later, possibly as halftime begins, set out the sandwich fixins', salad, dip and veggies.
Fun and Predictions
- Predictions are a must. Look online for many ways to do them. The 10x10 grid pool is one of the most popular, as it allows multiple winners for the scores at each quarter and game's end.
- Keep score of the commercials! Sometimes those are what guests come to watch. Keep track of favorites—or sort by pre-assigned categories—and rate. See if you agree with the TV pundits picks.
- Look for ways to entertain younger sports fans at family-friendly events. Plan football toss contests, training-camp obstacle course runs—inside if space permits or outside if weather permits—to use up some pent-up energy. Or play some pre-game or half-time touch football—outside, of course!
- Look at online games website's or at major retailers for football-related pro toss games, many with your favorite team's logos that are sure to please fans at your house!
- Award prizes, including our faves, take-home bags of Buffalo Chex® Mix or another party mix your friends will love.