Who says brides get to have all the fun when it comes to wedding showers? We love the idea of putting the spotlight on the groom by throwing a bash that’s all about grilling. Our feast turns up the heat on this fun wedding shower theme that will get all of your guests geared up for grilling—and the big day.
Invitations, Gifts & Party Favors
- Have fun with the grilling theme in the wording of your invitations. For example: “Come Help [groom’s name] Get His Grill on!”
- Within the invitation, suggest that guests help outfit the groom for his future backyard barbecue duties with grill-inspired gifts—tools, utensils, cedar planks, meat rubs and sauces, grilling cook books, hot pads, serving platters…you get the idea!
- Send guests home with customized jars of barbecue sauce. Just select your favorite barbecue sauce at the supermarket, transfer it into glass jars and label with a note of thanks or the couple’s names and wedding date.
On Tap: Summer Shandy
No barbecue is complete without a big galvanized bucket filled with ice and frosty cold beers, sodas, and water, but why not kick things up a notch by serving a signature cocktail as well? This refreshing summer shandy recipe is easy to whip up by the glass and is a delicious accompaniment to your menu of grilled goodies.
- Purchase a plain white fabric apron and fabric markers. Ask guests to write messages to the groom on the apron as a practical memento from the shower.
- For decorating, think classic red-and-white gingham for everything from vinyl tablecloths to paper food trays (a fun alternative to plates).
- Ask guests to email you their favorite grilling recipe to you a week before the party. Compile the recipes then have them laminated and bound at your local print shop—an indestructible, personalized recipe book for the groom!
This simple menu makes for no-sweat hosting, with a delicious make-ahead salad as well as kabobs that can be assembled ahead of time and grilled when guests start arriving.
For the crowd-pleasing pièce de résistance, set up a hoagie bar where guests can assemble their favorite sandwich fixings on Kaiser rolls. Your only job is to wrap each hoagie in foil and place it on the grill for a few minutes, resulting in toasted-sandwich perfection. End the feast with a peachy dream of a cake that’s baked—you guessed it—on the grill.