Looking to score a new wardrobe without breaking the bank? (And a reason to have the girls over for a little fun?) Say yes to a clothes swap! Trade the clothes you don't wear anymore with friends and score new items to revamp your closet!
Tell Your Friends
Get your friends excited with a downloadable invitation. Tell them to bring the items they want to swap – and their favorite Chex® Party Mix recipe (more on that later).
Uncover Your Closet
Take inventory of your closet. Ditch the stuff you've kept from the last closet raid but still haven't worn, along with newer items that didn't make it past the honeymoon phase. Also, take note of what you really need so when your friends arrive with new eye candy, you won't go crazy taking everything in sight!
Set Up The Stash
When your friends bring their clothes and accessories, separate them into piles: jewelry, accessories, sweaters, etc. Easy, right?
There are several ways you can swap:
- Choose by number. Whoever gets number 1 draws first. Continue in order, then start again until everyone makes their picks.
- A more competitive way is to take the "White Elephant" approach. Everyone picks a number. Number 1 picks her item first. Number 2 then can pick an item or take the item from Number 1. If someone's item gets taken from her, she can choose a new item or take someone else's item.
- Guests can always offer to trade at the end if someone ended up with something you really wanted.
- Have an area for your friends to try on clothes. Do a little fashion show if you'd like!
- If you have any remaining items, donate those to charity. Call ahead and you can schedule a pick-up a day or two after your swap to reduce the clutter. And it's an awesome way to help those who really need it!
Food and Fashion
Now what's a party without food? Since this is a party about swapping, ask each lady to make their favorite Chex® Party Mix–we have tons of recipes to choose from! Each lady brings her fave mix and everyone can share!
After you're done munching, here are some cute ways send some snack mix home with your friends:
- Make baggies out of stylish vintage hankies or scarves (get them cheap at thrift stores) and tie with ribbon and shopping tag. (Label their names on the shopping tag!)
- Choose small gift bags and attach a name tag to each one.