Are you organizing a book club and need a special introduction dinner? However booked your group is, you'll delight in this wintery menu that's bound to promote lots of fun, literary dinner conversation. If your book club plots for simpler food fare, skip the main meal and set the scene with only the Brie with crackers and fruit and, of course, the final chapter—scrumptious dessert! It's a nonfictional delight!
- Create bookmarks with the date of your first book club meeting, the charter members and the first book read and discussed, and place them at each place setting.
- Arrange a book collection in the center of the table, and embellish with ribbons, stringed baubles and beads or votive candles.
- Ask guests to come prepared to talk about a favorite book or to make a suggestion for a good read for the club.
- Fold dinner napkins in the shape of a book, and slip a bookmark into the napkin for a take-home treasure.
- Set a tiny book at each place setting for a take-home memento.