A progressive dinner party is easy on all the cooks. Enjoy a meal of sun-drenched Spanish flavors when you organize this progressive dinner with friends. You’ll find all the steps for party success right here—plus you share expenses and prep time. ¡Buen provecho!
Planning a Successful Progressive Dinner Party
- The closer people live to one another the better; a neighborhood block, an apartment building or a condo are ideal settings.
- Plan on three to four courses. Try an appetizer, main meal and dessert, or focus on all appetizers and desserts and limit the celebration to two homes.
- Try not to have more than three changes of locale. Once people are settled it can be difficult to get them to move to the next place.
- Choose recipes that can be made ahead and simply reheated and served when guests arrive so hosts don’t have to leave a house early to get ready at their own.
- Ask each host to provide drinks that work best for their course or ask participants who aren't hosting to bring beverages. Or, request everyone bring their own beverage.
- If you are the host at the second or third house, set the table prior to leaving for the party.
- If you have to drive between locations, be sure to appoint a designated driver.