Your parents have made many of life's milestones joyful for you. Now is the time to turn the tables. You and your siblings can host this casual appetizer and dessert party for that special couple, your families and their friends. This party is easy to divide and conquer, making it a cinch to orchestrate and plenty of fun for everyone.
- Promote a party dress code. Have guests dress in clothes and with hairstyles popular when the honored couple was married. Go ahead and have some fun!
- Pin letter-size (8 1/2x11 inch) photos of guests as they appeared at the wedding (received and enlarged earlier) to their backs as they arrive.
- Set up a home theater room complete with nostalgic TV show, radio shows or home movies. Or show those wedding videos. Guests can drift in and out for a piece of nostalgia.
- Roast the honored couple!
- Balloons are a must for any anniversary party. They're inexpensive decor and set the scene quickly. Choose colors the couple likes or colors used at their wedding
- This is Your Life! Display photos representing the life of the celebrants.
The food is definitely trendy fare, scrumptious and sure to please! But if you feel you need to add nostalgic foods, go ahead—everyone will enjoy it! Appetizers like Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip or Southwestern Corn-Cheese Dip and desserts like Easy Red Velvet Cake and Ultimate Carrot Cake will disappear before you know it!