Who doesn’t remember the year they graduated to the grown-up table? It was a thrill. (And, yet, surprisingly boring once you got there, right?) That’s because all of the real fun happens at the kids’ table. Here are five easy ways to keep the little ones happy all the way through the last slice of pumpkin pie:
- Use a disposable or easily washable tablecloth so you won’t stress about the mess. You can even cover the table with brown kraft paper and set out cups filled with markers and crayons (all the better if they’re in fun gem shapes) so youngest guests can doodle between bites.
- Get kids in on the pre-dinner action by having them create their own place cards—right on the table!—with stamps. Older kids will also have fun stamping out the menu while younger kids can use the X and O stamps to play tic-tac-toe.
- A few small snacks go a long way in keeping kids satisfied until the main event. Our favorites are cheese crackers and Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks.
- Keep everyone entertained while they await dessert with Betty’s free activity kit filled with 12 games and puzzles including a delicious Thanksgiving word search and connect-the-dots.
- After dinner, set out bowls of candy corn and sprinkles and let kids create their own turkey cupcake masterpieces!