Lamb Burgers with Rhubarb Onion Sauce
Blogger, Courtney Nzeribe of Coco Cooks
shares a recipe.
I came up with this savory application for rhubarb while strolling through the farmer’s market one day.
3/4 to 1 lb Rhubarb
1 onion chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 cup Sugar
1 Cinnamon Stick
3/4 cup water
1 lb Ground Lamb
Salt and Pepper to taste
Instructions for the Sauce
- In a saucepan heat the vegetable oil. Add the chopped onion.
- Turn down heat to medium and cook till translucent and golden.
- Add minced garlic, cinnamon stick, and cloves.
- Chop rhubarb into small pieces and add the chopped pieces, sugar, water and vinegar.
- Cook down on med/high heat until rhubarb breaks down and mixture starts to bubble.
- Simmer for about 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- This can be stored in the refrigerator in a sealed jar for 2 weeks or so.
Instructions for Burgers
Mix Cumin, salt and pepper with ground Lamb and form patties. In a hot skillet cook until med done. Serve with sauce on a bun.
4 burgers and approx 2 pints of sauce which can be stored or frozen for future use.