Error occured While adding it to favorites
Chocolate Brownies: Great Twists on an Old Favorite
Find out how to make variations on a classic American dessert: the brownie. Follow these tips and ideas for brownie dessert pizza, brownie trifles, brownie tortes, molten brownie cupcakes, garnishes and how to make low-fat brownies.
Brownies of all kinds taught many of us to bake. They’re still a quick and easy option when dessert’s needed. But whether homemade or from a mix, brownies beg for experimentation. Chocoholics, fruit lovers and calorie-counters can all indulge in trifles, tortes, dessert pizzas and other recipes.
Brownie Dessert Pizza
Brownie trifles are simple to make, but look spectacular, serve a crowd and can be made ahead. Now, what’s not to like about that! Serve trifles in straight-sided glass bowls, individual dishes or even shot glasses, exposing the layers.
- Discover all the basics by making the recipes Brownie Trifle and Berry Brownie Parfaits and watching the How to Make a Trifle video.
- We’re always adding recipes. Do a ‘trifle’ recipe search!
- Try our Caramel Cream Brownie Trifle using Betty Crocker® fudge brownie mix.
- Mocha lovers will cheer for our Fudgy Brownie Trifle flavored with coffee and toffee bits.
FUN FACT: A footed clear glass bowl—called a trifle bowl— shows off your recipe and typically holds three quarts, plenty for a party.
Use brownies for a twist on flourless chocolate cake. Simply bake brownies and cut into equal, rectangular pieces to layer. Or start with a round pan like a springform or layer cake pan and add a topping that’s sweet indulgence.
These tiny brownie snacks cut down on both guilt and time. They’re made just like brownies, only in a mini muffin pan, taking about half the time to bake.
Molten Brownie Cupcakes
Chocolate shavings or curls add flavor and flare to any dessert. Here’s how to make a garnish for a dessert:
- Let a milk chocolate bar sit in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Using long, thin strokes, pull a vegetable peeler across the chocolate bar.
- Use a toothpick to place the curls or shavings on top of the trifle or other dessert.
- For extra pizzazz, add whipped cream, nuts, berries or a sprig of mint.