Posted 7/29/2012 9:48:32 PM
The idea of this recipe is great, but there were some issues. First of all, when I used a fork, there were only a few stripes of red gelatin in the middle, but for the most part, there was only strawberry on the top quarter inch, the bottom quarter inch, and a little on the sides. I suggest using something like a chopstick or a wide toothpick and making holes a quarter inch in diameter and three-quarters of the way down the cake. Second, one package of pudding mix and 3/4 of a cup of milk makes a disgusting clumpy mess of the topping. I suggest at LEAST 1 1/4 cups of milk ... AT LEAST. The cake tasted good, but I found myself searching around for the strawberry and spitting out clumps of the pudding.