From our family to yours, our classic carrot cake is one you'll want to save in your recipe box to make over and over again.
SAVE ON THIS RECIPE!
"When my mom first came to the United States from Hong Kong, she didn’t know a lick of English and spent much of her time at home, keeping busy in the kitchen. Fortunately, sharing good food needs no language, and she made friends quickly through her crispy egg rolls and savory fried rice. In return, her neighbors would teach her American classics like this recipe for Carrot Cake. And after 30 years, the recipe has only changed slightly and has become a family favorite as long as I can remember."
- Toss the carrots with the flour, before combining with other ingredients – makes for a better distribution of the carrots throughout the cake.
- I recommend using a medium grate for shredding carrots.
- Crack eggs in a separate bowl to make sure egg is okay, and you do not get any shell into the rest of your mixture.
- Run whisk through powdered sugar, to make sure lumps are removed.
- Could bake in a 15x10x1-inch pan – for bars; more servings - 36
© 2015 ®/TM General Mills All Rights Reserved