This holiday season, jazz up your usual potato dish with warm Indian spices and a very pretty presentation! Layers of thinly sliced potatoes sprinkled with garam masala, a blend of spices popular in Indian cooking.
If you don't have garam masala, feel free to use a blend of ANY combination of the following spices: ground coriander, ground cinnamon, ground cardamom, nutmeg (just a pinch) and cumin to make up 1 teaspoon of spice blend. One of my favorites is simply 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Feel free to experiment with your spices!
- Gather all ingredients as potatoes will turn brown once sliced.
- Potatoes are to be washed, but not peeled
- When slicing potatoes, be sure potatoes are as even of a thickness as possible for even cooking – my suggestion is 1/8-inch slice; I recommend using a mandolin or food processor.
- Be sure to place the potatoes in a pan that is oven-safe; handle and all.
- Scissors, pizza cutter or serrated knife work well to cut potatoes for serving.