Give this classic creation a contemporary flavor by adding one of these:
• 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin orange segments, drained
• 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
• 1/2 cup white wine (add with the gelatin; decrease water to 1 1/2 cups)
• 1/2 cup pistachio nuts instead of the walnuts
• 1 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
Embellish this shimmering salad by:
• Placing on colorful kale leaves.
• Filling center of gelatin ring with mixture of 1 tub (4 ounces) fruit-flavored whipped cream cheese and 1 cup whipped topping or cherries and fresh berries or try a mixture of 1 cup whipped cream, 1/2 cup lemon yogurt and 1/2 cup sour cream.
• Garnishing with candied cranberries and salad greens cut to resemble holly leaves.