Blogger, Julie Van Rosendaal of dinnerwithjulie.com shares a recipe. Indulge in rich, brownie-like cookies, rolled in sugar before they're baked to create a crackled Chocolava.
SAVE ON THIS RECIPE!
- Don't overbake them - they should be set around the edges but still soft in the middle - if you want them to stay soft and chewy once cooled.
- Blending dough in a food processor works great; mixture will NOT be crumbly (difficult to see that butter was added to mixture due to thorough blending with food processor).
- Crack eggs in a separate bowl to make sure egg is okay, and you do not get any shell into the rest of your mixture
- Dough will be sticky
- I recommend using a scoop for making balls of cookie dough – this will assist in making sure all balls are consistent in size for even baking.
- I recommend placing parchment on baking sheet for easy removal of cookies, and speedy clean up – if using parchment, do not need to use non-stick cooking spray.
- Cookies are done when set around the edges and slightly soft center; cookies will crack as they cool.
© 2014 ®/TM General Mills All Rights Reserved