jerzeyjoyce's Recipe Reviews
Posted 3/10/2013 10:49:03 AM
Baked Reuben Sandwich
I LOVE Rueben’s so I gave this a try first as I'm having a St. Patty party and thought this would be a good dish for 15 ppl. It was good but like others, there's a few things I need to change before making for a crowd.
1) more batter on bottom/less on top
2) a LOT more meat & cheese!! There wasn't enough meat and the swiss melted away to nothing. (I also used pastrami as it was cheaper than corned beef)
3) go easy on the mustard, we're not fans and even though I spread it on the slices lightly, we hit some heavy spots while eating that made your mouth wrinkle up. LOL
4) Definitely have to cut up the meat! Using the whole slices made it difficult to cut/serve without making a mess.
5) could use a little more sauerkraut as that too seemed to disappear during cooking.
It's a keeper though!!