Who’s the coolest kid on the block? It’s the birthday boy or girl who invites friends to share party fun and food with a building and construction theme! Whether your young engineer is just the age to pile building blocks in a towering stack or can program a Lego®-built robot, they’ll enjoy a party designed with their favorite building blocks in mind. And, a parent might find this one of the easiest birthday treats you’ve ever tackled! !
- Make do-it-yourself invitations or choose from many construction-themed choices online or at party stores. This is a popular party theme and your child probably has favorites, whether it’s a kids’ television show like Bob the Builder™ or an age-specific Lego® series.
- Encourage guests to dress in jeans—what else—and t-shirts in primary colors.
- Primary colors—especially construction sign yellow—reinforce the building blocks theme, as do block shapes. Choose squares for paper plates, for example. You’ll find lots of choices online or at party stores.
- Let blocks, building brick constructions or construction vehicles take center stage a table decor.
- Think of fun ways to serve snacks or package take-home treats. A party held outside would be perfect served from lunch pails or individual coolers. Drinks can be served from a thermos.
Party Games & Activities
- Have plenty of blocks and building bricks for partygoers to play with as guests arrive! Depending on age of children, have them construct table decorations individually or together.
- Inspire older children with construction activities found online like those at the Lego® website.
- Use blocks to create contests—tallest stack, best construction made while blindfolded, fastest specific construction while wearing construction gloves. You get it!
Food Fun & Favors
- Fill toy trucks with Load 'n Go Gorp as shown to serve at party or as take-home treats.
- Make and decorate easy cutout cookies using construction-themed cutters, like hammers, saws, screwdrivers, and package for take-home treats. Use easy Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix and a recipe like Confetti Christmas Cutout Cookies for inspiration.
This graphic and vibrant cake is super easy to build. Just assemble your construction materials—cake mix, frosting and marshmallows—and follow the "blueprint" from the Betty Crocker Kitchens and Howdini.com!
Watch the Full Size Video