Error occured While adding it to favorites
Salsa for the Whole Family
Preparing homemade salsa for the whole family to enjoy just got easier with this innovative technique to making it. One recipe serves up both mild and spicy versions!
Sarah W. Caron
My kids and I love salsa. The only problem is that they much prefer mild salsa to the knock-your-socks-off versions I crave. Usually, this means I have to buy or make two different varieties. But it doesn’t have to be that way if you make Family Salsa!
The technique is simple: Make one batch of a basic salsa base and then divide it into two bowls. Add hot peppers and other ingredients to one batch to make it a fiery masterpiece, and tame the other batch down with mild, fresh ingredients. It won’t take any extra time to make!
So what can you do with this fab Family Salsa? Here are a few unusual ideas for serving it:
- Top a baked potato with a heaping tablespoon of salsa and a sprinkle of cheddar cheese.
- Grill some chicken breasts and serve them over rice with salsa on top.
- Make a turkey wrap with your favorite lettuce, cheese and a little salsa.
- Stuff a pita pocket with thinly sliced grilled flank steak, sautéed onions, guacamole and a spoonful or two of salsa.
- Serve salsa on top of a cheddar omelet in the morning.
What unusual ways do you enjoy your salsa?