Error occured While adding it to favorites
10 Ways to Use Leftover Ham
Now that Easter’s over, what will you do with all the leftover ham? Here are 10 fab ideas!
Easter was a blast, and now you have a fridge full of delicious leftover ham. What will you do with it all? Here are 10 amazing ideas to use it up.
1. Quiche – Those tender slices of ham are perfect for making a fabulous egg pie. Simply dice, mix and bake. I love the sound of a Ham, Pineapple and Cheddar Quiche. Mmm!
2. Frittata – A frittata is like a giant stuffed omelet and quiche rolled into one. You slice it like a pie and serve. Try making Herbed Ham Frittata today.
3. Ham Salad – This is a classic. You dice up the ham and make a fabulous salad that can go into sandwiches. But if you are looking for something a little different, use the salad as a topping in an appetizer like Ham Salad in Cucumber Cups. They look adorable and taste wonderful!
4. Pizza! – We always use leftover ham as a pizza topping, often with a little diced pineapple. It makes for a fast and easy dinner. How about some Spinach and Ham French Bread Pizza?
5. Soup – That leftover ham is prime for soup making. It brings a tremendous amount of flavor…and if you make it in a slow cooker, it’s incredibly easy. Toss your leftover ham into Slow Cooker Golden Pea and Ham Soup.
6. Casserole – Any recipe that includes the direction to “cook until hot and bubbly” must be good, right? Casseroles are a great use for leftover ham. Try Creamy Ham and Potato Casserole for a fabulous, satisfying dinner.
7. Pasta Salad – The great thing about pasta salad is that you can make a big batch of it on the weekend and eat it all week. That totally simplifies your menu planning. How about some Ranch Ham and Pasta Salad for lunch this week?
8. Muffins – I know what you are thinking: how could ham possibly go into muffins? But it can! You just have to think savory instead of sweet. Try some in Ham and Cheese Muffins.
9. Pasta - My husband isn’t a fan of cold pasta, but if it’s hot, he loves it. Ham and Cheese Ziti sounds delish and is a natural way to showcase leftovers.
10. Sandwiches – Don’t feel like dicing? Slices of leftover ham are terrific for turning into sandwiches, such as a Hearty Ham and Pear Panini.