"Souper" Soup Toppers
Make your soup recipes even better with creative toppings. Slip these toppers recipes into your soup cookbook: crostini recipe, seasoned croutons recipe, tortilla strips recipe, and more.
Toppings for Soup Recipes
Chase the chill out of winter by adding a terrific topper to a bowl of steaming soup, stew or chili. When making soup, try one of these toppings recipes to warm up your family.
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Place 12 slices Italian bread, 1/2 inch thick, on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil over each slice of bread.
- Mix 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spread over bread slices.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese over each slice.
- Bake about 8 minutes or until bread is hot.
Easy Cheese Biscuits Recipe
- Heat oven to 450°.
- Mix 1 cup Original Bisquick® mix, 1/2 cup milk and 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese until soft dough forms; beat vigorously 30 seconds.
- Drop dough by 6 to 8 spoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown.
Seasoned Croutons Recipe
- Cut dry (not hard) bread into 1/2-inch cubes. Toss with olive oil to lightly coat. Or spread one side of dry bread with softened butter or margarine, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning or with your favorite herbs and seasoning.
- Cook in ungreased skillet over medium heat 4 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden brown.
Toasted Cheese Slices Recipe
- Set oven control to broil.
- Place 8 slices French bread, 3/4 to 1 inch thick, on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Broil with tops about 5 inches from heat 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn bread slices over; top each slice with 2 tablespoons shredded cheese or 1 slice of cheese.
- Broil 1 to 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
Tortilla Strips Toppings Recipe
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Brush 4 small corn or flour tortillas with melted butter or margarine. Sprinkle with chili powder if desired.
- Cut each tortilla into 2 x 1/2-inch strips or 12 wedges, or cut into shapes with cookie cutters.
- Place in single layer on 2 ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until light brown and crisp. Cool slightly.