Homemade hummus is so easy to make and has many great uses that your family will love.
Do you make your own hummus? If you don’t, you should try it. It can be made in less than 10 minutes with just a few simple ingredients, like chickpeas (garbanzo beans), toasted sesame seeds (or tahini), olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Heck, you probably have most of those things in your kitchen already!
The great thing about homemade hummus is that you can adjust the flavors. Add more spices or less lemon, Mix in Kalamata olive bits or sun-dried tomatoes...whatever you like! Once it’s made though, what should you do with it?
How to Use Homemade Hummus:
- On sandwiches–Hummus is a great mayo alternative, especially when paired with turkey and/or fresh vegetables.
- With veggies as a dip–Forget the powdery onion dip that you grew up on! Homemade hummus is a nice, easy and fast dip to set out with cut-up veggies for a pre-dinner snack.
- On a pita–With grilled chicken, veggies and feta, this fabulous sandwich is perfect for lunch by itself or for a light dinner served with a salad.
- On crostini–With roasted red peppers or chopped artichoke hearts and a sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan, it's an amazing appetizer option.
- On crackers–A fabulous simple snack!