Foil Pack Faves
Cooking on the grill with food in foil packs gets high marks from you. Individual grill packs are super quick to assemble and can often be made ahead. Sheets of heavy-duty foil are all you need. And, the best thing is no pots or pans to wash!
You’ll not be foiled again about “what’s for dinner” when you choose time-saving summer meals grilled in foil packs. Our recipes range from family favorites to classics from around the USA and around the globe. Many are healthy and low in fat, use summer veggies and herbs, and are portable for on-the-go- families. Add these recipes to your Recipe Box. You’ll be glad you did.
Five Great Tips for Foil-Pack Grilling
- Picky eater s no more. Customize each family member’s pack with veggies they like or seasoning they prefer. If family members have special diets, it’s easy to assemble just the right kinds and amounts of food for their pack.
- Cook meat on the grill; cook a veggie medley in a foil pack. Find plenty of recipes at Delectable Vegetables. Coordinate the cooking times in the recipes to make sure all the food will be done at the same time.
- Make ahead. Make chosen packs up to several hours ahead, and then put them in the fridge until it’s time to grill.
- Camper’s or vacation rental choice. Individual foil bundles of meat and veggies are ideal for cooks on the go. And, there’s no question of using a grill that may not be quite as clean as you’d like!
- Take care. Always carefully open one end of foil pack first to allow steam to escape when cooking’s done. Then open top of foil pack. Enjoy.
Pointers for a Perfect Foil Pack
- Cut 18x12-inch pieces of heavy-duty foil or size recipe designates; spray with cooking spray.
- Place ingredients in center or on one side of foil piece.
- Fold foil over foods so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again for a double fold. Allow space on sides for heat circulation. Repeat.
- Place packets on gas grill over medium or designated heat. Cover and cook time in recipe, rotating packets 1/2 turn after 10 minutes if suggested.
- Place packs on plates. Carefully open one end of foil pack or cut large X across top of each one to allow steam to escape; open top or fold back foil.
Grilled Cheddar Burgers and Veggies
Grilled Cheesy Ham Supper Packs
Grilled Ham and Potatoes au Gratin
Grilled Meat Loaf Meal Packs
Grilled Lemon and Herb Salmon Packs
Grilled Lemon Pepper Halibut and Squash Packs
Grilled Lemon Salmon Packs
Grilled Paprika Chicken Dinner Packs
Grilled Parmesan-Ranch-Chicken Packs
Grilled Smoked Sausage and Cheddar Potato Packs
Grilled Taco Burger and Potato Packets
Grilled Veggie Burger Packs
Old West Grilled Bean and Burger Packs
Flavors from Afar
Grilled Caribbean Salmon Packs
Grilled Mexican Fish Packs
Grilled Mediterranean Chicken Packs
Grilled Italian Chicken Packs
Grilled Pesto Chicken Packs
Grilled Pineapple-Chicken Kabob Packets
Grilled Salmon Paella Packs
Grilled Sweet-and-Sour Chicken Packs
Pan-Asian Turkey Packs
See the USA
Beef Fajita Packs
Fisherman's Grilled Pack
Grilled Dilled Salmon and Vegetable Pack
Grilled Herbed Seafood Packs
Grilled Honey BBQ Pork Packs
Grilled Honey-Cumin BBQ Pork Packs
Grilled Peachy Sweet Potato and Pork Packs
Grilled Seafood Jambalaya Packs
Grilled Maple Sausage and Butternut Squash Packs
Grilled Southwest Pork Packs
Seafood Packs with Lemon-Chive Butter