Love buffalo wings? Love mac and cheese? Combine them in this amazing creamy bake. You'll love it!
Oh, buffalo wings, how I love you! The spicy tang of the chicken makes a great appetizer for family gatherings and fun nights with friends.
And then there is macaroni and cheese…the ultimate comfort food. So what if you take that spicy tang and combine it with creamy comfort? You have an amazing any-night-of-the-week dish that your buffalo wing-loving family and friends will adore!
This is a super easy dish to make. Just get your ingredients ready and whip it up in 45 minutes or less.
It’s really key that your macaroni and cheese be super creamy so that it offsets the spiciness. But how do you make your homemade mac and cheese just right? Here’s how:
- Start with a roux. A roux is a combination of butter and flour that’s whisked together until smooth. It thickens the cheese sauce.
- Use full-fat milk. Whole milk is best for creamy macaroni and cheese. Yes, there really is a difference!
- Make it hot. You want the milk and roux combination to be steamy hot when you whisk in the cheese so that it melts easily.
- Use equal parts milk and cheese. This ensures that the sauce is the right consistency and the cheese melts properly.
- Grate your own cheese. Pre-shredded cheeses can add grittiness to the sauce. Avoid this by grating your own.