How to Cut Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
When you make cinnamon rolls, cut them easily using nylon fishing line.
- Slide a piece of the line under the roll of dough.
- Wrap the wire around the roll for the desired slice size.
- Pull both ends of the wire in opposite directions to cut the slices cleanly, without flattening the roll.
Filling and Rolling Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
- When you spread filling on the dough, leave about 1/4 inch uncovered at the edges to make rolling and sealing the roll easier.
- If you get too much flour on the dough when you roll it out, use a dry pastry brush to brush it off.
Make Cinnamon Rolls Rise Evenly
The rolls you cut from the ends of your roll of dough are usually uneven on one side.
To even them out, place the uneven side down in the pan. When the rolls rise, they will even themselves out and look just like the rest of the pan.